Re: High Level Committers Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: High Level Committers Wanted
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/12/2014 8:19 AM, bobJobS wrote:
> What we need is a meeting/training session with the main contributors to
> Postgres to help facilitate solutions of some of the Oracle functionality to
> Postgres. This may be an opportunity to gather Government requirements for
> additional Postgres releases. The meeting would be in the Columbia area.
>
> Some of our needs:
> Package structure similar to Oracle
> Parallel queries
> Multi Master Replication

you likely would do better to put one of the postgresql development
companies, like 2ndQuadrant, under retainer

some of your needs may be met by EnterpriseDB's PostgreSQL Advanced
Server, which has extensive Oracle compatability added to it.