Re: libpq - lack of support to set the fetch size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: libpq - lack of support to set the fetch size
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/12/2014 06:05 AM, matshyeq wrote:

> Don't fully agree with last statement. FETCH is WAY better and more
> functional than LIMIT.
>
>         PQsetSingleRowMode() is not meant for partial resultsets, but it can
>         be used if you accept the downsides.
>
> Given the 'discretion mode' I'm still not sure if that's a proper and
> elegant way to meet the requirement.

Following this discussion it would seem that Postgres meets the
requirement, but that what you want is that the interfaces you use make
use of the capabilities. As mentioned previously the JDBC driver and the
Python driver(psycopg2) already do what you want. The next step, to me
at least, is take what you have learned and contact the projects
(DBD::Pg, pgAdmin) in question.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com