Re: High Level Committers Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: High Level Committers Wanted
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/12/2014 08:19 AM, bobJobS wrote:
> I am currently working for the Government and there is a huge push to move
> our Oracle databases to a FOSS database solution. Right now, PostgreSQL is
> high on the list.

What Government?

> What we need is a meeting/training session with the main contributors to
> Postgres to help facilitate solutions of some of the Oracle functionality to
> Postgres. This may be an opportunity to gather Government requirements for
> additional Postgres releases. The meeting would be in the Columbia area.

Columbia the country or the District?

> Some of our needs:
> Package structure similar to Oracle
> Parallel queries
> Multi Master Replication

You might to look at the below for companies that could help:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support/

> Some of the names I've seen
> Tom Lane
> Robert Haas
> Greg Smith
> Simon Riggs
>
> Please let me know if a meeting is possible. There is another in-house
> meeting April 17th where I would like to pass on contact information or
> needs from the contributors.

As it happens there is PgCon where you can meet a lot of these people
and more:

http://www.pgcon.org/2014/