Re: High Level Committers Wanted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: High Level Committers Wanted
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12 March 2014 15:19, bobJobS <russelljanusz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am currently working for the Government and there is a huge push to move
> our Oracle databases to a FOSS database solution. Right now, PostgreSQL is
> high on the list.
>
> What we need is a meeting/training session with the main contributors to
> Postgres to help facilitate solutions of some of the Oracle functionality to
> Postgres. This may be an opportunity to gather Government requirements for
> additional Postgres releases. The meeting would be in the Columbia area.
>
> Some of our needs:
> Package structure similar to Oracle
> Parallel queries
> Multi Master Replication
>
> Some of the names I've seen
> Tom Lane
> Robert Haas
> Greg Smith
> Simon Riggs
>
> Please let me know if a meeting is possible. There is another in-house
> meeting April 17th where I would like to pass on contact information or
> needs from the contributors.

Thanks very much for mentioning my name in this context.

As PostgreSQL is community driven project and is not owned by any
single company, people who wish to sponsor development of major
features need to contact invidual developers or companies providing
such services, rather than making a general posting.

My company, 2ndQuadrant, has been contributing major features to
PostgreSQL for 10 full years now and we aim to accelerate the growth
of community development into the future. 2ndQuadrant guarantees that
all sponsored developments will be contractually bound to novate
copyright to the PostgreSQL Global Development Group and to release
all such code under The PostgreSQL Licence. In addition, wherever
possible, given community discussion, feedback and agreement the code
will be submitted as patches to core PostgreSQL and we will pursue
commit of those changes as well as longer term bug fixing.