Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Tatsuro Yamada
Date:
Hi pginfra team,

I found a broken link of my company (NTT Group) on the following page.

   https://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors/

Could you fix the page by using the new url as below?

NTT Group

#new url
https://group.ntt/en/

#old url
http://www.ntt.co.jp/index_e.html

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada

Re: Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Dave Page

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 03:04, Tatsuro Yamada <tatsuro.yamada.tf@nttcom.co.jp> wrote:
Hi pginfra team,

I found a broken link of my company (NTT Group) on the following page.

   https://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors/

Could you fix the page by using the new url as below?

NTT Group

#new url
https://group.ntt/en/

#old url
http://www.ntt.co.jp/index_e.html

Thanks, I've updated the URL.

--

Re: Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Tatsuro Yamada
Date:
Hi Dave!

It's been ages since we met in Tokyo!

>     Could you fix the page by using the new url as below?
>
>     NTT Group
>
>     #new url
>     https://group.ntt/en/
>
>     #old url
>     http://www.ntt.co.jp/index_e.html
>

> Thanks, I've updated the URL.

Thanks for fixing the URL on the page.
However, I wonder Why you changed the ordering of my
company names on the list.

When I read the list first, it was listed in third place
from the top, but now it is placed near the bottom.
Could you make it back to the original position?

NTT Group has a lot of developers who have contributed to
PostgreSQL. For example:
   - Fujita (Committer)
   - Fujii (Committer)
   - Horiguchi (Major Contributor)
   - Sawada (Major Contributor, moved to EDB recently)
   - Amit Langote (Major Contributor, moved to EDB recently)
   - Yamada (Contributor, me)
   - Hosoya
   - Kasahara
   - Torikoshi
   - Kuroda
   - Seino
   - Hoshiai
   - Kawamoto

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada

Re: Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On 2022-Mar-18, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:

> However, I wonder Why you changed the ordering of my
> company names on the list.
>
> When I read the list first, it was listed in third place
> from the top, but now it is placed near the bottom.
> Could you make it back to the original position?

Actually, the list is mostly in random order (and there's a note at the
top that states as much).  It would be impossible to define some metric
to determine who deserves a higher position in the list and not
displease somebody, so we don't try.

--
Álvaro Herrera

Re: Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 11:36 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2022-Mar-18, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
>
> > However, I wonder Why you changed the ordering of my
> > company names on the list.
> >
> > When I read the list first, it was listed in third place
> > from the top, but now it is placed near the bottom.
> > Could you make it back to the original position?
>
> Actually, the list is mostly in random order (and there's a note at the
> top that states as much).  It would be impossible to define some metric
> to determine who deserves a higher position in the list and not
> displease somebody, so we don't try.

It's not mostly random. It's fully random. They will change order
approximately once every 30 minutes across each of the frontends.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Re: Broken link on the Sponsors page

From
Tatsuro Yamada
Date:
Hi Alvaro and Magnus

>>> However, I wonder Why you changed the ordering of my
>>> company names on the list.
>>>
>>> When I read the list first, it was listed in third place
>>> from the top, but now it is placed near the bottom.
>>> Could you make it back to the original position?
>>
>> Actually, the list is mostly in random order (and there's a note at the
>> top that states as much).  It would be impossible to define some metric
>> to determine who deserves a higher position in the list and not
>> displease somebody, so we don't try.
>
> It's not mostly random. It's fully random. They will change order
> approximately once every 30 minutes across each of the frontends.

Thanks for the answers.
Oh, I understood that the order is random.

I was under the wrong impression. I thought you changed the order
because you thought my company's contribution was not good. Hahaha :-)

Thanks,
Tatsuro Yamada