[pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and see page access stats?

From
"Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Date:
Hello,

I've been editing pages on wiki.postgresql.org.  Could you tell me about two things?

(1) I enabled email notification when any page in my watchlist is modified.  But I don't receive any email after I
savedchanges to the watched pages.  How can I make this work?  My user name is Maumau, and my email address is
maumau307@gmail.com.

Specifically, I checked the following items on the page [Preferences] -> [User profile]
 Email me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed    Email me when my user talk page is changed   Email me also
for

(2) Can I see the access stats of each page on wiki.postgresql.org?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Re: [pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and see pageaccess stats?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
I've been editing pages on wiki.postgresql.org.  Could you tell me about two things?

(1) I enabled email notification when any page in my watchlist is modified.  But I don't receive any email after I saved changes to the watched pages.  How can I make this work?  My user name is Maumau, and my email address is maumau307@gmail.com.

Specifically, I checked the following items on the page [Preferences] -> [User profile]

  Email me when a page or file on my watchlist is changed
   Email me when my user talk page is changed
  Email me also for

I don't think that functionality is activated. I'm no expert in our wiki setup, but I think all such things have been disabled due to spamissues.

But you should be able to get an atom feed off the history tab of all pages I think. And subscribe to changes that way.

(2) Can I see the access stats of each page on wiki.postgresql.org?

No, that information is not collected.

--

Re: [pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and see page access stats?

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: [pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and seepage access stats?

From
"Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
Date:
Hello, Magnus and Greg,

Thank you, I've just been able to configure the Feedly by entering "wiki.postgresql.org" at http://feedly.com/.  This
seemsto give me the change notification of the entire PostgreSQL wiki.

From: Greg Sabino Mullane [mailto:greg@turnstep.com]
> > (2) Can I see the access stats of each page on wiki.postgresql.org?
>
> MediaWiki stopped counting page stats a while back. Your only recourse would
> be the server logs. Which A) is not going to be made public by the
> postgres sysadmins[1] and B) won't really tell you much anyway, what with
> multiple levels of caching, proxy servers, etc.
>
> [1] If you have some very specific question you are trying to answer, they
> may be able to help, of course.

I want to know how the page access stats change (or don't change) before and after I publicize the pages at and linked
from"Ecosystem:PostgreSQL ecosystem".

Could you consider adding the Google Analytics extension and let me give access to the Google Analytics account so that
Ican see the stats at any time?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Google_Analytics_Integration

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Re: [pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and see pageaccess stats?

From
Magnus Hagander

You can also set one up for individual pages, if you go to the history tab on that page, I believe.

From: Greg Sabino Mullane [mailto:greg@turnstep.com]
> > (2) Can I see the access stats of each page on wiki.postgresql.org?
>
> MediaWiki stopped counting page stats a while back. Your only recourse would
> be the server logs. Which A) is not going to be made public by the
> postgres sysadmins[1] and B) won't really tell you much anyway, what with
> multiple levels of caching, proxy servers, etc.
>
> [1] If you have some very specific question you are trying to answer, they
> may be able to help, of course.

I want to know how the page access stats change (or don't change) before and after I publicize the pages at and linked from "Ecosystem:PostgreSQL ecosystem".

Could you consider adding the Google Analytics extension and let me give access to the Google Analytics account so that I can see the stats at any time?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Google_Analytics_Integration

We already have Google Analytics installed on the site, but we do not give out access to our analytics accounts for privacy reasons. Sorry.

--

Re: [pgsql-www] How can I enable watchlist notification, and seepage access stats?

Date:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 01:13:29AM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> > (1) I enabled email notification when any page in my watchlist is modified.
> > But I don't receive any email after I saved changes to the watched pages.
> > How can I make this work?
>
> You cannot (without patching MediaWiki itself), receive notifications about
> changes that you yourself have made. Whether or not email notifications
> even work on the wiki is a different matter.

I get email notifications of changes other people make to the TODO wiki
page, but unfortunately I am told I only get one email after my login
times out.

http://enterprisedb.com