[Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Marc,

Can we add a link to NZPug from http://pugs.postgresql.org?  That page
isn't editable through MT, so I'm hoping you can edit it?

--Josh

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Josh.

Oops, Please add the reference of JPUG there.!

Japan PostgreSQL Users Group
http://www.postgresql.jp

Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> isn't editable through MT, so I'm hoping you can edit it?
>
> --Josh

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Date:

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 23:12:58 -0300
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Marc-san.

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
> - --On Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:09:59 +0900 Hiroshi Saito
> <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh.
>>
>> Oops, Please add the reference of JPUG there.!
>>
>> Japan PostgreSQL Users Group
>> http://www.postgresql.jp
>
> Added ...

Thank you very much!!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Date:

- ----

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wednesday 10 October 2007 22:28, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it is 'MT
> backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would change the look ...

But... you just edited it... ??  Is it documented anywhere which server it
lives on, what software it uses, or where the git repo (ha!) is?  Perhaps we
can get some more hands on it with a little more info?

--
Robert Treat

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:25:57 -0400
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 October 2007 22:28, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it
> > is 'MT backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would
> > change the look ...
> >

> But... you just edited it... ??

My guess is he can edit the basics through an interface. It makes sense
that it is not part of www because /pdx etc... is editable by the
various pug owners.

However, I strongly feel it needs to be representative of www not that
old design.

So somebody, needs to get me and/or others access :)

Joshua D. Drake

Date:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it is 'MT
> backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would change the look ...

We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the underlying
tech to something like Drupal which is a little more configrable than
MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a "temporary measure" that
somehow lasted 4 years.

Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very welcome, as
long as you provide some way to migrate the historical content, and some
way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.

--Josh

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On 10/11/07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >

> > No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that it is 'MT
> > backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would change the look ...
>
> We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the underlying
> tech to something like Drupal which is a little more configrable than
> MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a "temporary measure" that
> somehow lasted 4 years.
>
> Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very welcome, as
> long as you provide some way to migrate the historical content, and some
> way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.

I can do the drupal installation, style it like the rest of the
PostgreSQL site and migrate the content.  I could have it all wrapped
up by the end of November. I've got the conference, and then I'm going
to NOLA for a week at the end of Oct, or I'd have it done sooner.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:42:55 -0700
"Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/07, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > >

> > > No clue, I don't maintain that site ... and JoshB mentioned that
> > > it is 'MT backed', so *really* have no clue as to where you would
> > > change the look ...
> >
> > We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the
> > underlying tech to something like Drupal which is a little more
> > configrable than MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a
> > "temporary measure" that somehow lasted 4 years.
> >
> > Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very
> > welcome, as long as you provide some way to migrate the historical
> > content, and some way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.
>
> I can do the drupal installation, style it like the rest of the
> PostgreSQL site and migrate the content.  I could have it all wrapped
> up by the end of November. I've got the conference, and then I'm going
> to NOLA for a week at the end of Oct, or I'd have it done sooner.

AND CMD can host it one of the community. servers. :). I will get you
an account.

Joshua D. Drake

Date:

Date:
On 10/11/07, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> - --On Thursday, October 11, 2007 09:42:55 -0700 Selena Deckelmann
> <selenamarie@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> We'd need to upgrade it significantly, probably change the underlying
> >> tech to something like Drupal which is a little more configrable than
> >> MT.  The MT basis for PUGS was meant to be a "temporary measure" that
> >> somehow lasted 4 years.
> >>
> >> Anyone who wants to take on upgrading/replacing PUGS is very welcome, as
> >> long as you provide some way to migrate the historical content, and some
> >> way for me to manage it *other than* CVS.
> >
> > I can do the drupal installation, style it like the rest of the
> > PostgreSQL site and migrate the content.  I could have it all wrapped
> > up by the end of November. I've got the conference, and then I'm going
> > to NOLA for a week at the end of Oct, or I'd have it done sooner.
>
> Baring any objections ... tell me what you need ...

Thanks!  I could use admin access on pugs.postgresql.org

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group
http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
http://www.postgresqlconference.org

Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-advocacy] New Zealand PostgreSQL Users' Group]

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

'k, taking this 'off list' for now ...

- --On Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:14:55 -0700 Selena Deckelmann