Test

From
Chadwick Rolfs
Date:
I can't seem to post to this list that I keep recieving e-mail from.  I
want to parse a web form through php and put it into a postgresql
batabase.  Who can help?  or point me toward the right direction...
thanks.

Chadwick Rolfs

Re: Test

From
"Adam Lang"
Date:
For starters, you need to clarify hat you mean by "parsing a web form".  Do
you mean getting the information that has been inputted, or taking the form
and parsing the html in it?

If it is the former and you want to get the info and put it into a database,
you should start out by reading some documentation and/or getting a PHP
programming book.

This is pretty standard stuff for PHP and if you don't even know where to
start, you should do some reading first.

Your best friend will be www.php.net.
For postgresql connectivity, go there and search on pg_connect.  It should
bring up the relevant functions.

Also make sure you have postgres support compiled into your PHP module.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com