Re: Test - Mailing list pgsql-php

From mike
Subject Re: Test
Date
List pgsql-php
I agree with Adam that the annotated manuals at www.php.net are the
authoritative source for information on how to do what you want to do.
Unfortunately, you will have to do some homework to come up to speed on how
this process works.  There is no function that does everything you want for
you in any language that I'm aware of.  If you find one let me know!

We use the ADODB library (http://php.weblogs.com/ADODB) which provides
database abstraction for many databases including PostgreSQL.  I recommend
it highly.

The data from the form is returned to PHP as a variable with the same name
as the name in the form.  The value of this variable is the result returned
by the form.  Therefore, your code example of "insert into <table_name>
($web_form_names) values ($web_form_values);" is indeed accurate.

I suggest you download an open source package and see how it is doing this
process.  There are many of them available on either www.greatbridge.org or
www.sourceforge.net or www.freshmeat.net or ...

Michael J. Upchurch
Partner2Partner Communications  mike@partner2partner.com  615.286.2199