Patches + new translation to Brazilian Portuguese

From
rmello@cc.usu.edu
Date:
Hi all,

Here are some patches to the pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation.

The patches correct some minor ortography mistakes but most importantly
take care of several unnecessary anglicisms left on the translated text.
I sent e-mail to the original translator, but got no reply yet. If more
details about my modifications are needed, I'd be glad do provide them.

Attached is also the beginning of the translation of pg_dump. I'll
finish it (and the other programs) in the next few days.

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +

Attachment

Re: Patches + new translation to Brazilian Portuguese

From
Roberto Mello
Date:
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 10:34:31PM -0700, rmello@cc.usu.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are some patches to the pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation.
>
> The patches correct some minor ortography mistakes but most importantly
> take care of several unnecessary anglicisms left on the translated text.
> I sent e-mail to the original translator, but got no reply yet. If more
> details about my modifications are needed, I'd be glad do provide them.
>
> Attached is also the beginning of the translation of pg_dump. I'll
> finish it (and the other programs) in the next few days.

Argh!

Sorry, I sent the wrong patches (the ones made by my internal CVS
repository) for two of the files (the libpq one was right). My apologies.

Here are the right patches.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +
+       USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club - http://fslc.usu.edu/     +

Attachment

Re: Patches + new translation to Brazilian Portuguese

From
Fernando Nasser
Date:
Hi Roberto,

Another thing that kind of bothers me is the use of the first person.
Would you agree that we change things like:

"n?o pude configurar soquete para modo TCP sem atraso: %s\n"

to:

"n?o foi possivel configurar o soquete parqa o modo TCP sem atraso: %s\n"

Doesn't it sound more professional?  If you agree I can send a patch for
that after yours is in.

Regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300

Date:
On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 11:23:11AM -0500, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Another thing that kind of bothers me is the use of the first person.
> Would you agree that we change things like:
>
> "n?o pude configurar soquete para modo TCP sem atraso: %s\n"
>
> to:
>
> "n?o foi possivel configurar o soquete parqa o modo TCP sem atraso: %s\n"
>

> Doesn't it sound more professional?  If you agree I can send a patch for
> that after yours is in.

Yeah, sounds better I think, but it makes it more verbose too :-)

So are you Brazilian?

-Roberto

From: Ean Schuessler <ean@novare.net>
The unrecognized minister of propaganda,
    -- Debian, joking

Re: Patches + new translation to Brazilian Portuguese

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
rmello@cc.usu.edu writes:

> Here are some patches to the pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation.

I put in your pg_dump translation, but I could not apply the patches you
sent (including those in your follow-up mail).  It's best if you just send
the plain files.  Gzip them if it makes you feel better.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net