Archives

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off of
archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone else
experience this behaviour as well?

Gavin

Re: Archives

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 09:30, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off of
> archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone else
> experience this behaviour as well?

Yes, it's extremely slow for me as well. I commented on this a couple
days ago, and Ian Barwick suggested Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql.hackers

It seems to work quite well.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: Archives

Date:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off of
> archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone else
> experience this behaviour as well?

Yes, it has been down for a long time, months.  Marc knows and is
working on it.  I use:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql

In fact, I recommended to Vince that we point to this as our official
archives until we get ours fixed.  Haven't heard back from him.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Archives

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
On Wednesday 13 March 2002 17:07, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 09:30, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off
> > of archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone
> > else experience this behaviour as well?
>
> Yes, it's extremely slow for me as well. I commented on this a couple
> days ago, and Ian Barwick suggested Google:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql.hacke
>rs
>
> It seems to work quite well.

I should just mention that all the comp.databases.postgresql groups are listed
here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql

although the newsgroups and mailing lists are not always in synch,
so some posts may be missing or very late.

A much better alternative which just occurred to me:

http://geocrawler.com/lists/3/Databases/

(if you can bear sharing the same page as some MySQL lists ;-)

Ian Barwick

Re: Archives

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
On Wednesday 13 March 2002 21:46, you wrote:
> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off
> > of archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone
> > else experience this behaviour as well?
>
> Yes, it has been down for a long time, months.  Marc knows and is
> working on it.  I use:
>
>     http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql
>
> In fact, I recommended to Vince that we point to this as our official
> archives until we get ours fixed.  Haven't heard back from him.

Viable alternative:

http://geocrawler.com/lists/3/Databases/

Archives the lists and not the newsgroups, so should be
more comprehensive and seems pretty up-to-date.

(BTW, geocrawler seems to use PostgreSQL, see:
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20001112.php3 )

Ian Barwick

Re: Archives

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the tip.  Just updated the links on the techdocs site with
the new url.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off of
> > archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone else
> > experience this behaviour as well?
>
> Yes, it has been down for a long time, months.  Marc knows and is
> working on it.  I use:
>
>         http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql
>
> In fact, I recommended to Vince that we point to this as our official
> archives until we get ours fixed.  Haven't heard back from him.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi

Re: Archives

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > I have been unable to successfully search the mailing list archives off of
> > archives.postgresql.org for a few days now. Just me, or does anyone else
> > experience this behaviour as well?
>
> Yes, it has been down for a long time, months.  Marc knows and is
> working on it.  I use:
>
>     http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.postgresql
>
> In fact, I recommended to Vince that we point to this as our official
> archives until we get ours fixed.  Haven't heard back from him.

Oops!  Sorry 'bout that.  Just updated it.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com