Can´t connect but listen address and pg_hba configured correctly

From
"Marcelo de Moraes Serpa"
Date:
 I can´t connect to my postgresql8.1 server running on Debian. The pgadmin client says it can't connect. I already edited the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf (listen_addresses = '*' and port) but the problem remains, pg_admin is running on a XP machine without Firewalls enabled, Debian is also not running any kind of firewall. I should also note the I just upgraded to 8.1, some minutes ago I was running 7.4 and connections **were working fine**.

pg_hba.conf:

http://www.pastebin.ca/980122

postgresql.conf (connection settings section):

http://www.pastebin.ca/980147

PostgreSQL 8.1 Debain Etch package.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Marcelo.

Re: Can´t connect but listen address and pg_hba configured correctly

From
"Joey K."