Re: Can´t connect but listen address and pg_hba configured correctly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joey K.
Subject Re: Can´t connect but listen address and pg_hba configured correctly
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:
 I can´t connect to my postgresql8.1 server running on Debian. The pgadmin client says it can't connect. I already edited the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf (listen_addresses = '*' and port) but the problem remains, pg_admin is running on a XP machine without Firewalls enabled, Debian is also not running any kind of firewall. I should also note the I just upgraded to 8.1, some minutes ago I was running 7.4 and connections **were working fine**.

pg_hba.conf:

http://www.pastebin.ca/980122

postgresql.conf (connection settings section):

http://www.pastebin.ca/980147

PostgreSQL 8.1 Debain Etch package.

Any hints greatly appreciated!

Your postgresql.conf has port set to 5433 (PostgreSQL default port is 5432).

Did you change the port in pgadmin to connect to 5433?

Joey