My contract has been renewed

Date:
FYI, my contract with SRA has been renewed for another year, meaning I
will continue the next year working on PostgreSQL full time.

I want to thank SRA for their support of the PostgreSQL effort by
employing me.  As you may know, Tatsuo Ishii also works for SRA full
time and he is a great help to the effort as well.

Re: My contract has been renewed

From
Dennis Gearon
Date:
Who's SRA, in case I can use them and return the favor for their support
of postgres?
--

Carpe Dancem ;-)
Remember your friends while they are alive

Date:
> FYI, my contract with SRA has been renewed for another year, meaning I
> will continue the next year working on PostgreSQL full time.
>
> I want to thank SRA for their support of the PostgreSQL effort by
> employing me.  As you may know, Tatsuo Ishii also works for SRA full
> time and he is a great help to the effort as well.

Can work for SRA, too?

Re: My contract has been renewed

Date:
Dennis Gearon wrote:
> Who's SRA, in case I can use them and return the favor for their support
> of postgres?

They are a PostgreSQL support company based in Japan:

    http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php

They have offices in the USA and India as well.  They have 1,200
employees and do lots of consulting and computer business services.

They have a PostgreSQL and Linux commerical support division, which I
work for.  They also have a packaged PostgreSQL threaded port to Win32
called PowerGres.

Re: My contract has been renewed

From
"Kaare Rasmussen"
Date:
>     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php

Link doesn't work. I beleive that most people on this list reads english
better than japanese so:

http://www.sra.co.jp/index-en.html

> They have offices in the USA and India as well.  They have 1,200

If they plan to go to Europe, well...

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Email:kar@kakidata.dk

Re: My contract has been renewed

Date:
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> >     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php
>
> Link doesn't work. I beleive that most people on this list reads english
> better than japanese so:
>
> http://www.sra.co.jp/index-en.html

Oops, sorry, I was just playing with the link myself.  It is:

     http://osb.sra.co.jp/index.php

I usually use Babelfish and translate Japanese to English to read that
page:

    http://world.altavista.com/

What I have never been able to do is to make a URL so babelfish
translates it automatically.

The English page isn't current enough, and doesn't have detailed info on
the open source division.  There is an open source division page, but it
isn't updated regularly, hence the Babelfish route.

Re: My contract has been renewed

From
Keiko Kondo
Date:
Hi.

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:10:58 -0500 (EST)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  wrote:

> They are a PostgreSQL support company based in Japan:
>
>     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php

FYI, we have English page on PostgreSQL.

http://osb.sra.co.jp/PostgreSQL/index-en.php

# I'm maintaining the page :-)

> They have offices in the USA and India as well.  They have 1,200
> employees and do lots of consulting and computer business services.

We also have office in Europe.

http://www.sra-europe.com/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  Keiko Kondo <k-kondo@sra.co.jp>
  SRA, Inc.
  Open Source Solution Division
  http://osb.sra.co.jp
  TEL: +81-3-5979-2751 FAX: +81-3-5979-2752

Re: My contract has been renewed

Date:
Keiko Kondo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:10:58 -0500 (EST)
> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  wrote:
>
> > They are a PostgreSQL support company based in Japan:
> >
> >     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php
>
> FYI, we have English page on PostgreSQL.
>
> http://osb.sra.co.jp/PostgreSQL/index-en.php
>
> # I'm maintaining the page :-)

Yes, I knew about that page, but it doesn't show PowerGres at all, so I
didn't mention it.  It does cover SRA's PostgreSQL support package.

> > They have offices in the USA and India as well.  They have 1,200
> > employees and do lots of consulting and computer business services.
>
> We also have office in Europe.

Oh, I remember that now.  So SRA has offices in Japan, USA, Europe, and
India.  Seems they have the whole northern hemisphere covered.  :-)

Re: My contract has been renewed

Date:
I did find a way to auto-translate a web page.  At the Babelfish page:

    http://world.altavista.com/

there is a link, "Add Babel Fish Translation to your site".  From that
page, you can put in a URL and it will give you a URL you can use to
autotranslate.  The SRA autotranslate is:

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?doit=done&urltext=http%3A%2F%2Fosb.sra.co.jp%2F&lp=ja_en

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Keiko Kondo wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:10:58 -0500 (EST)
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  wrote:
> >
> > > They are a PostgreSQL support company based in Japan:
> > >
> > >     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php
> >
> > FYI, we have English page on PostgreSQL.
> >
> > http://osb.sra.co.jp/PostgreSQL/index-en.php
> >
> > # I'm maintaining the page :-)
>
> Yes, I knew about that page, but it doesn't show PowerGres at all, so I
> didn't mention it.  It does cover SRA's PostgreSQL support package.
>
> > > They have offices in the USA and India as well.  They have 1,200
> > > employees and do lots of consulting and computer business services.
> >
> > We also have office in Europe.
>
> Oh, I remember that now.  So SRA has offices in Japan, USA, Europe, and
> India.  Seems they have the whole northern hemisphere covered.  :-)

Re: My contract has been renewed

From
Keiko Kondo
Date:
Hi.

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 14:20:52 -0500 (EST)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  wrote:

> Keiko Kondo wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:10:58 -0500 (EST)
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  wrote:
> >
> > > They are a PostgreSQL support company based in Japan:
> > >
> > >     http://www.sra.co.jp/index.php
> >
> > FYI, we have English page on PostgreSQL.
> >
> > http://osb.sra.co.jp/PostgreSQL/index-en.php
> >
> > # I'm maintaining the page :-)
>
> Yes, I knew about that page, but it doesn't show PowerGres at all, so I
> didn't mention it.  It does cover SRA's PostgreSQL support package.

I made PowerGres English pages :-)

http://osb.sra.co.jp/PowerGres/index-en.php

Since PowerGres GUI tool is in Japanese at the moment, it doesn't
have English download page. However, you may get the general idea
on PowerGres from there.

Regards.