Support issues

From
David Link
Date:
Hi,

I joined this mailing list on Tuesday.  And today, Friday, I still
haven't seen a single post.  So I'll ask a question, and excuse me if
it's out of form ...

I swapped out Oracle with PostgreSQL about one month ago.  And I pretty
happy about it.  I still need to sell the idea to managment in our
firm.  We're still prototyping.

While I feel confortable supporting Postgres myself with the abondant
on-line help available, and where that fails, looking at the code itself
-- the company would be happier not relying on one man to handle it.

Are there support contracts available for PostgreSQL?  I know Great
Bridges just closed there doors.  That is sadding.

Thank you.

David Link
Programmer
VNU Entertainment
White Plains, NY

PG mailing list problems (was Re: Support issues)

Date:
David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
> I joined this mailing list on Tuesday.  And today, Friday, I still
> haven't seen a single post.

I was about to say that your mailer setup must be broken --- my mail
logs show more than ninety posts in pgsql-general since Tuesday.

However, the mailing list archive engine at
http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/ doesn't see 'em either; and earlier
today I was wondering why it couldn't find a pgsql-ports posting I
wanted from a couple days ago.  So it's getting a rather selective
subset of posts too.

Marc, I think there is something rotten in Denmark: certain mail lists
are not getting sent out to certain addresses, looks like.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Support issues

Date:
David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
> Are there support contracts available for PostgreSQL?  I know Great
> Bridges just closed there doors.  That is sadding.

PostgreSQL Inc is still in business.  See also
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/commercial-support.html

            regards, tom lane

Re: PG mailing list problems (was Re: Support issues)

From
Bradley McLean
Date:
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) [011005 13:58]:
> David Link <dlink@soundscan.com> writes:
> > I joined this mailing list on Tuesday.  And today, Friday, I still
> > haven't seen a single post.
>
> Marc, I think there is something rotten in Denmark: certain mail lists
> are not getting sent out to certain addresses, looks like.

I'm seeing a behaviour I'd describe as "bursty".  A day
of silence, followed by a deluge of messages, followed by silence ...
No ascertainable pattern.  I looked for problems on my end first, but
it's only affecting traffic from postgres.org.

-Brad