Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format

From
Damien Clochard
Date:
With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new edition
of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe in
Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be sent
to other events.

More details about the new format here :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM

PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven media.
You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
proofreading, etc.

Here's how you can join us :
http://www.pgmag.org/contribute

Damien Clochard

Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:

> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new edition
> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe in
> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be sent
> to other events.
>
> More details about the new format here :
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>
> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven media.
> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
> proofreading, etc.
>
> Here's how you can join us :
> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute

Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little more
international.

JD

> Regards,
>
> --
> Damien Clochard

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 07/14/2016 10:15 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:
>>
>> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new edition
>> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
>> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe in
>> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be sent
>> to other events.
>>
>> More details about the new format here :
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>>
>> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven media.
>> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
>> proofreading, etc.
>>
>> Here's how you can join us :
>> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute
>
> Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little more
> international.

The only real difference is print size.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Date:
Le 14.07.2016 19:15, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :
> On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:
>>
>> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new
>> edition
>> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
>> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe
>> in
>> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be
>> sent
>> to other events.
>>
>> More details about the new format here :
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>>
>> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven
>> media.
>> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
>> proofreading, etc.
>>
>> Here's how you can join us :
>> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute
>
> Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little
> more international.

The new format is designed to be more easy to translate and I hope we
can set up new translations teams once this edition is released.

Obviously PostgreSQL Europe will only pay for printing+shipping
magazines to European events. But the PDF version will be release under
Creative Common Licence. If the PostgreSQL US association wants to send
copies to conferences and meetups in America, we're open to it of
course. Let us know how we can help !

Date:
Le 14.07.2016 19:17, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> On 07/14/2016 10:15 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:
>>>
>>> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new
>>> edition
>>> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
>>> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe
>>> in
>>> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be
>>> sent
>>> to other events.
>>>
>>> More details about the new format here :
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>>>
>>> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven
>>> media.
>>> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
>>> proofreading, etc.
>>>
>>> Here's how you can join us :
>>> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute
>>
>> Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little
>> more
>> international.
>
> The only real difference is print size.

The size (A2) and the folding. To print the magazine you'll need a big
fat folding machine.

A2 format is a standard in Europe and in most part of the world I
believe. Not sure about the US though.... Folding machines are pretty
common in most professionnal printing services.

--
Damien Clochard