Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Damien Clochard
Subject Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 14.07.2016 19:17, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> On 07/14/2016 10:15 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:
>>>
>>> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new
>>> edition
>>> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
>>> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe
>>> in
>>> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be
>>> sent
>>> to other events.
>>>
>>> More details about the new format here :
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>>>
>>> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven
>>> media.
>>> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
>>> proofreading, etc.
>>>
>>> Here's how you can join us :
>>> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute
>>
>> Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little
>> more
>> international.
>
> The only real difference is print size.

The size (A2) and the folding. To print the magazine you'll need a big
fat folding machine.

A2 format is a standard in Europe and in most part of the world I
believe. Not sure about the US though.... Folding machines are pretty
common in most professionnal printing services.

--
Damien Clochard