Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Damien Clochard
Subject Re: Restarting PostgreSQL Magazine with a new Format
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 14.07.2016 19:15, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :
> On 07/14/2016 10:02 AM, Damien Clochard wrote:
>>
>> With the kind support of PostgreSQL Europe, I am launching a new
>> edition
>> of the PostgreSQL Magazine in an innovative paper format. The primary
>> goal is to publish it and send copies to PostgreSQL Conference Europe
>> in
>> Tallinn in November. If we're sucessful, additional copies will be
>> sent
>> to other events.
>>
>> More details about the new format here :
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pgmag/xEcfyyIRNPM
>>
>> PostgreSQL Magazine is an independant, open and community-driven
>> media.
>> You can contribute in various ways: writing, editing, translating,
>> proofreading, etc.
>>
>> Here's how you can join us :
>> http://www.pgmag.org/contribute
>
> Well this is awesome! I wonder if we can somehow get this a little
> more international.

The new format is designed to be more easy to translate and I hope we
can set up new translations teams once this edition is released.

Obviously PostgreSQL Europe will only pay for printing+shipping
magazines to European events. But the PDF version will be release under
Creative Common Licence. If the PostgreSQL US association wants to send
copies to conferences and meetups in America, we're open to it of
course. Let us know how we can help !

Regards,

--
Damien Clochard