melbourne-au-pug

From
Jason Godden
Date:
Hi there,

There are a few of us in Melbourne AU who would like to get a PUG up and
running here. Brett McBride and I would like to be made moderators of
the melbourne-au-pug list if the previous moderator is no longer
monitoring it. Let me know if there is anything you require from us or
if this is the wrong place to ask.

Cheers,

Jason

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On Nov 11, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Jason Godden wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> There are a few of us in Melbourne AU who would like to get a PUG up and running here. Brett McBride and I would like
tobe made moderators of the melbourne-au-pug list if the previous moderator is no longer monitoring it. Let me know if
thereis anything you require from us or if this is the wrong place to ask.

> Cheers,
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,

You should ask on the -www list (which I have CC'd) as that is where the mailing lists are administrated.

Congrats on getting the PUG setup!

Jonathan

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 11/10/12 11:24 PM, Jason Godden wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> There are a few of us in Melbourne AU who would like to get a PUG up and
> running here. Brett McBride and I would like to be made moderators of
> the melbourne-au-pug list if the previous moderator is no longer
> monitoring it. Let me know if there is anything you require from us or
> if this is the wrong place to ask.

Actually, relevant to this, I will be going to Australia in late
January/Early Feburary for LCA next year.  And Gabriele will also be
there around that period.  We were thinking we could have some kind of
event since both of us will be around ... but I need to settle a date
soon, because I need to buy plane tickets.

In the meantime, I'll try to get your access to the mailing list settled.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Josh Berkus escribió:
> On 11/10/12 11:24 PM, Jason Godden wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > There are a few of us in Melbourne AU who would like to get a PUG up and
> > running here. Brett McBride and I would like to be made moderators of
> > the melbourne-au-pug list if the previous moderator is no longer
> > monitoring it. Let me know if there is anything you require from us or
> > if this is the wrong place to ask.
>
> Actually, relevant to this, I will be going to Australia in late
> January/Early Feburary for LCA next year.  And Gabriele will also be
> there around that period.  We were thinking we could have some kind of
> event since both of us will be around ... but I need to settle a date
> soon, because I need to buy plane tickets.
>
> In the meantime, I'll try to get your access to the mailing list settled.

I already changed it.  If you have some spare time, could you please
find a new owner for the lapug list?

--

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Josh Berkus
Date:

Oh!  Thanks for asking.  That's Alexey:  atsaloli.tech@gmail.com

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> > I already changed it.  If you have some spare time, could you please
> > find a new owner for the lapug list?
>
> Oh!  Thanks for asking.  That's Alexey:  atsaloli.tech@gmail.com

Great, changed.  Thanks.

--

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi Josh,

Il 12/11/12 19:07, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> Actually, relevant to this, I will be going to Australia in late
> January/Early Feburary for LCA next year. And Gabriele will also be
> there around that period.
I confirm this and my availability for organising a 1-day event in
Melbourne.
> We were thinking we could have some kind of event since both of us
> will be around ... but I need to settle a date soon, because I need to
> buy plane tickets. In the meantime, I'll try to get your access to the
> mailing list settled.
I still have to book tickets, even though the one thing I am sure of now
is a friend's wedding on Feb 3rd. We can organise something around it.

Cheers,
Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Rob Napier
Date:
I'm in Melbourne over Christmas but I may be overseas in late Jan/ Feb. I'll try to arrange travel plans to fit if I
canbe of assistance.

Rob Napier

Date:
On 12/11/12 02:53, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Jason Godden wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> There are a few of us in Melbourne AU who would like to get a PUG up and running here. Brett McBride and I would
liketo be made moderators of the melbourne-au-pug list if the previous moderator is no longer monitoring it. Let me
knowif there is anything you require from us or if this is the wrong place to ask.

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jason
> Hi Jason,
>
> You should ask on the -www list (which I have CC'd) as that is where the mailing lists are administrated.
>
> Congrats on getting the PUG setup!
>
> Jonathan
Thanks for your help here Jonathan.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Jason Godden
Date:
On 13/11/12 08:30, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Il 12/11/12 19:07, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
>> Actually, relevant to this, I will be going to Australia in late
>> January/Early Feburary for LCA next year. And Gabriele will also be
>> there around that period.
> I confirm this and my availability for organising a 1-day event in
> Melbourne.
>> We were thinking we could have some kind of event since both of us
>> will be around ... but I need to settle a date soon, because I need
>> to buy plane tickets. In the meantime, I'll try to get your access to
>> the mailing list settled.
> I still have to book tickets, even though the one thing I am sure of
> now is a friend's wedding on Feb 3rd. We can organise something around
> it.
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriele

Ok - I'll grab each of you off list to discuss further. We have around 4
others that would be keen and I'm sure that could be bolstered further.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jason,

> Ok - I'll grab each of you off list to discuss further. We have around 4
> others that would be keen and I'm sure that could be bolstered further.

Can we reasonably schedule something for Feburary 4th or 5th?  LCA ends
on the 2nd.

A weekend day won't be reasonable for me due to the LCA schedule.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 11/15/12 2:56 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Jason,
>
>> Ok - I'll grab each of you off list to discuss further. We have around 4
>> others that would be keen and I'm sure that could be bolstered further.
>
> Can we reasonably schedule something for Feburary 4th or 5th?  LCA ends
> on the 2nd.
>
> A weekend day won't be reasonable for me due to the LCA schedule.

I really need to buy plane tickets soon, or they will become even more
expensive.  If I don't hear from someone by Friday, I'll assume that
there will be no Melbourne Postgres event.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Jason Godden
Date:
On 23/11/12 09:40, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Can we reasonably schedule something for Feburary 4th or 5th?  LCA ends
> on the 2nd.
>
> A weekend day won't be reasonable for me due to the LCA schedule.
> I really need to buy plane tickets soon, or they will become even more
> expensive.  If I don't hear from someone by Friday, I'll assume that
> there will be no Melbourne Postgres event.

Hey Josh,

I'll put the feelers out over the next week and get back to you by next
Friday.

Cheers,

Jason

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi Jason,

Il 22/11/12 23:45, Jason Godden ha scritto:
> I'll put the feelers out over the next week and get back to you by
> next Friday.
Any news? I have contacts, friends and ex-coworkers in Melbourne that
might be interested in the PUG.

Cheers,
Gabriele

--

Date:
> I'll put the feelers out over the next week and get back to you by next
> Friday.

Still nothing?

OK, at this point I have to assume that nothing is happening in
Melbourne, and buy my tickets to Canberra.  :-(

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: melbourne-au-pug

From
Jason Godden
Date:
On 01/12/12 05:23, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Still nothing?
>
> OK, at this point I have to assume that nothing is happening in
> Melbourne, and buy my tickets to Canberra.  :-(

No chance to get anything together over the past week (travel - has been
unexpectedly busy). In reality I can't guarantee that there will be a
healthy audience by that time (we haven't had a first meeting here to
begin with). I think it makes sense to wait as far as the PUG audience
is concerned.

There may be another audience though and I'll talk to you off list on that.