Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)

From
"Dave Page"

<magnus@hagander.net>,"PostgreSQL Advocacy List" <pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org>
> Sent: 30/08/07, 19:02:35
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)
>
> On 8/30/07, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> > I am. What I object to is declaring this as a postgresql.org conference when it hasn't been generally agreed in an
appropriatecommunity forum (which would be -advocacy imho). Doing so effectively allows *anyone* to organise an event
andcall it 'official' - which I believe is definitely not something we want for a whole heap of reasons.

> I would like for this to be an 'official' event.
>
> How do we go about getting 'official' approval?

There is no formal process (yet), but I would suggest that general agreement (or lack of disagreement) of this forum
(-advocacy)that the organisers are well enough known to be trusted and the proposed event is appropriate.

Personally I have no doubts on either point in this instance, given that you and JD are involved. Anyone disagree?

Regards, Dave

Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)

From
"Joshua D. Drake"