Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 03:15:52PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Ah, OK. Well I can live with that, or having -advocacy give the nod,
> though the former does preclude us from having another event billed like
> the anniversary summit.

No, that's my point.  In fact, it was a smallish handful of us that
organized the anniversary summit.  The funds group didn't have any
real procedures in place yet, so we just worked it out by rough
consensus (which seemed to enail nobody objecting to stuff too
strongly).  The community agreed to host the website, too, so that's
where it was hosted.  But like everything else in this project,
including the release date of and the features implemented in the
software, the definition of "what is official" turns out to be
nothing more than what gets built and done by contributors.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.
        --Jane Jacobs