Turkish PostgreSQL Users' Association legally formed

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

I'm proud to announce that we now have a legal PostgreSQL User
Association in Turkey.

Beginning from 2000, our user base began to form in Turkey. Since then,
we presented countless seminars, we published lots of Turkish documents
and did translation of many PostgreSQL related software.

Now we have a "legal" association in Turkey. This means that we will be
able to do more in a legal way. I was elected as the first president of
the Association.

Thanks to everyone in Turkish PostgreSQL community who made this
Association possible.

Re: Turkish PostgreSQL Users' Association legally formed

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Devrim,

> I'm proud to announce that we now have a legal PostgreSQL User
> Association in Turkey.

All right!

Means I really need to get the donations pages organized ....

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Turkish PostgreSQL Users' Association legally

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 13:49 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Means I really need to get the donations pages organized ....

Yes please; because (as I said) we are a legal organization an can
accept donations...

Re: Turkish PostgreSQL Users' Association legally

From
Jean-Paul Argudo
Date:
Hi Devrim!

In the name of all PostgreSQLFr members, I congratulate you and your
Turkish peers !

I'm sure you'll have all the success you deserve here, with people like
you Im certain this non-profit organization will shine!

Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org

Re: Turkish PostgreSQL Users' Association legally

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi Jean-Paul,

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 01:14 +0200, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:
> In the name of all PostgreSQLFr members, I congratulate you and your
> Turkish peers !

Thanks. PostgreSQLFr was one of the two inspirations (the other was one
JPUG of course) before forming our association. I have decided to form
this after returning from Summit.

> I'm sure you'll have all the success you deserve here, with people
> like you Im certain this non-profit organization will shine!

Thanks. More associations -> more people -> more work all around the
world.