O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

O.k. SRA and Command Prompt, Inc. are sponsoring at least
1 booth. We are negotiating a second booth which would be
directly next to the first.

Booths are 10x10, we are trying to make our space 10x20.

It is now time to make a call for Swag. Specifically we are
looking for:

Live CDs
T-Shirts
Stickers
White Paper we can print
Mugs

Anything worth while to give.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guys,

> O.k. SRA and Command Prompt, Inc. are sponsoring at least
> 1 booth. We are negotiating a second booth which would be
> directly next to the first.

We need swag for LWE-SF as well.   Elein has enameled PostgreSQL pins to sell
and wear.   I have some t-shirts to dress the volunteers in, but none left to
sell.

We should update last year's flyers.   And prep something about 8.1's upcoming
features.

CDs are the big thing just because they're rather expensive to print; $750 for
2000.   So we need a serious sponsor for this.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
elein@varlena.com (elein)
Date:
Do you want the flyers that I produced last year updated?
There were two: the open source maturity model and
the postgres flyer.

If anyone want to update the postgres flyer it is at:
http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgflyer.pdf
or contact me for the open office source.

FYI: the open source maturity mode is at
http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgosmm1.pdf
I can make it available if people liked it.  I cannot
handle printing costs however since I am on the hook
for the pins.

--elein

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:18:12AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Guys,
>
> > O.k. SRA and Command Prompt, Inc. are sponsoring at least
> > 1 booth. We are negotiating a second booth which would be
> > directly next to the first.
>
> We need swag for LWE-SF as well.   Elein has enameled PostgreSQL pins to sell
> and wear.   I have some t-shirts to dress the volunteers in, but none left to
> sell.
>
> We should update last year's flyers.   And prep something about 8.1's upcoming
> features.
>
> CDs are the big thing just because they're rather expensive to print; $750 for
> 2000.   So we need a serious sponsor for this.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

Date:
Those were great flyers.  We should have them, no question.

elein wrote:
> Do you want the flyers that I produced last year updated?
> There were two: the open source maturity model and
> the postgres flyer.
>
> If anyone want to update the postgres flyer it is at:
> http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgflyer.pdf
> or contact me for the open office source.
>
> FYI: the open source maturity mode is at
> http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgosmm1.pdf
> I can make it available if people liked it.  I cannot
> handle printing costs however since I am on the hook
> for the pins.
>
> --elein
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:18:12AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > > O.k. SRA and Command Prompt, Inc. are sponsoring at least
> > > 1 booth. We are negotiating a second booth which would be
> > > directly next to the first.
> >
> > We need swag for LWE-SF as well.   Elein has enameled PostgreSQL pins to sell
> > and wear.   I have some t-shirts to dress the volunteers in, but none left to
> > sell.
> >
> > We should update last year's flyers.   And prep something about 8.1's upcoming
> > features.
> >
> > CDs are the big thing just because they're rather expensive to print; $750 for
> > 2000.   So we need a serious sponsor for this.
> >
> > --
> > Josh Berkus
> > Aglio Database Solutions
> > San Francisco

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
elein@varlena.com (elein)
Date:
We'd need a printing sponsor.  Any volunteers?

--elein

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 03:01:11PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Those were great flyers.  We should have them, no question.

> elein wrote:
> > Do you want the flyers that I produced last year updated?
> > There were two: the open source maturity model and
> > the postgres flyer.
> >
> > If anyone want to update the postgres flyer it is at:
> > http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgflyer.pdf
> > or contact me for the open office source.
> >
> > FYI: the open source maturity mode is at
> > http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgosmm1.pdf
> > I can make it available if people liked it.  I cannot
> > handle printing costs however since I am on the hook
> > for the pins.
> >
> > --elein
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:18:12AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Guys,

> > > We need swag for LWE-SF as well.   Elein has enameled PostgreSQL pins to sell
> > > and wear.   I have some t-shirts to dress the volunteers in, but none left to
> > > sell.
> > >
> > > We should update last year's flyers.   And prep something about 8.1's upcoming
> > > features.
> > >
> > > CDs are the big thing just because they're rather expensive to print; $750 for
> > > 2000.   So we need a serious sponsor for this.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Josh Berkus
> > > Aglio Database Solutions
> > > San Francisco

> > > TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

> >                http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
elein wrote:
> We'd need a printing sponsor.  Any volunteers?

Command Prompt can print them.

> --elein
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 03:01:11PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>>Those were great flyers.  We should have them, no question.

>>elein wrote:
>>
>>>Do you want the flyers that I produced last year updated?
>>>There were two: the open source maturity model and
>>>the postgres flyer.
>>>
>>>If anyone want to update the postgres flyer it is at:
>>>http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgflyer.pdf
>>>or contact me for the open office source.
>>>
>>>FYI: the open source maturity mode is at
>>>http://www.varlena.com:/GeneralBits/Tidbits/pgosmm1.pdf
>>>I can make it available if people liked it.  I cannot
>>>handle printing costs however since I am on the hook
>>>for the pins.
>>>
>>>--elein

>>>---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>>TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
>>>
>>>               http://archives.postgresql.org
>>>

>>--
>>  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
>>  pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001
>>  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
>>  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

>>               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
"Andy Astor"
Date:
As josh and I discussed yesterday, EnterpriseDB is signing up for the
CDs. We'll be happy to supply them for OSCON as well, since we're
printing them anyway, but you all may prefer to print your own, since
ours will have our logo on them...Totally up to you. We're happy to
supply them if you want them.

andy

broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Andy,

> As josh and I discussed yesterday, EnterpriseDB is signing up for the
> CDs. We'll be happy to supply them for OSCON as well, since we're
> printing them anyway, but you all may prefer to print your own, since
> ours will have our logo on them...Totally up to you. We're happy to
> supply them if you want them.

These will be the dual PostgreSQL-plus-eDB CDs, yes?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Brian Kilpatrick
Date:
If you wish, I can send you link to get the current cd ISO that SRA is
distributing, as well as the artwork that was used for the last
printing. Rob Bernier should be able to give you any information you
need to customize the cd content for your needs.

I can make the vector art available for you.

Brian

On Jun 19, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Andy,
>
>> As josh and I discussed yesterday, EnterpriseDB is signing up for the
>> CDs. We'll be happy to supply them for OSCON as well, since we're
>> printing them anyway, but you all may prefer to print your own, since
>> ours will have our logo on them...Totally up to you. We're happy to
>> supply them if you want them.
>
> These will be the dual PostgreSQL-plus-eDB CDs, yes?
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Brian,

> If you wish, I can send you link to get the current cd ISO that SRA is
> distributing, as well as the artwork that was used for the last
> printing. Rob Bernier should be able to give you any information you
> need to customize the cd content for your needs.

We have the ISO; what we'd really need is the Knoppix build source.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Brian Kilpatrick
Date:
Ok i'll let Rob know to get in touch asap

Brian

On Jun 19, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Brian,
>
>> If you wish, I can send you link to get the current cd ISO that SRA is
>> distributing, as well as the artwork that was used for the last
>> printing. Rob Bernier should be able to give you any information you
>> need to customize the cd content for your needs.
>
> We have the ISO; what we'd really need is the Knoppix build source.
>

> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
"Andy Astor"
> > As josh and I discussed yesterday, EnterpriseDB is signing up for
the
> > CDs. We'll be happy to supply them for OSCON as well, since we're
> > printing them anyway, but you all may prefer to print your own,
since
> > ours will have our logo on them...Totally up to you. We're happy to
> > supply them if you want them.
>
> These will be the dual PostgreSQL-plus-eDB CDs, yes?
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
"Andy Astor"
Date:
Brian, the artwork might be very helpful. Thanks...

Andy

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Brian Kilpatrick
Date:
In order to not blast the list with a file, i'll post up a link of the
art without the current sponsor art up tommorow.

Andy, i'll shoot you a copy directly shortly.

Brian

On Jun 19, 2005, at 4:53 PM, Andy Astor wrote:

> Brian, the artwork might be very helpful. Thanks...
>
> Andy

Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Okay guys,

I'm at a friend's place at NYC. It took a little while to get online, had to find an available wireless network to hack
into.

I need to talk the person who wants to try to build the distro. You are asking for a lot of work unless you've got
experienceat creating a knoppix based distro. I can give you the scripts to generate the iso no problem, however you
musthave the knoppix cloop created and the correct utilities installed on your machine. In my case, I saved myself a
lotof headaches by building the distro on a machine that had a knoppix hard-drive installation.

There's three things that were dealt with in the distro:

- getting the right applications on the system (there are serious challenges here if you want to add applications that
aren'talready there).
- the syslinux conf files had to be opened and the graphics were changed using such tools as Image Majick
- the kernel source was hacked so I could replace the penguin with the elephant.

Brian, if you're online.. please get on IM, I'm waiting there now.