Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: O.k. OSCON -- call for SWAG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Okay guys,

I'm at a friend's place at NYC. It took a little while to get online, had to find an available wireless network to hack
into.

I need to talk the person who wants to try to build the distro. You are asking for a lot of work unless you've got
experienceat creating a knoppix based distro. I can give you the scripts to generate the iso no problem, however you
musthave the knoppix cloop created and the correct utilities installed on your machine. In my case, I saved myself a
lotof headaches by building the distro on a machine that had a knoppix hard-drive installation.

There's three things that were dealt with in the distro:

- getting the right applications on the system (there are serious challenges here if you want to add applications that
aren'talready there).
- the syslinux conf files had to be opened and the graphics were changed using such tools as Image Majick
- the kernel source was hacked so I could replace the penguin with the elephant.

Brian, if you're online.. please get on IM, I'm waiting there now.