PG at LinuxWorld Boston next month?

From
Mitch Pirtle
Date:
Hi guys,

Working on getting more volunteers for our booth (Mambo, #22) and
noticed PostgreSQL wasn't on the list in the .org pavilion.

So where will PostgreSQL be, in a sponsored corporate booth?  hehe

-- Mitch

Re: PG at LinuxWorld Boston next month?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mitch,

> Working on getting more volunteers for our booth (Mambo, #22) and
> noticed PostgreSQL wasn't on the list in the .org pavilion.
>
> So where will PostgreSQL be, in a sponsored corporate booth?  hehe

Unfortunately, there was a SNAFU with the booth registration, and apparently
we're homeless.    :-(

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: PG at LinuxWorld Boston next month?

From
Mitch Pirtle
Date:
Then hang on, I'll see what I can do.

-- Mitch, making no promises!

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:16:32 -0500, Robert Bernier
<robertb@sraapowergres.com> wrote:
> On January 19, 2005 04:10 pm, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Working on getting more volunteers for our booth (Mambo, #22) and
> > noticed PostgreSQL wasn't on the list in the .org pavilion.
> >
> > So where will PostgreSQL be, in a sponsored corporate booth?  hehe
>
> bit of a story behind that :-(
>
> --
> Robert Bernier
>  PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst,
>   SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
>   Consulting, PostgreSQL Services & PowerGres on Windows
>   One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
>   New York, NY 10119
>
>   Tel:  212.244.8833

Re: PG at LinuxWorld Boston next month?

From
Mitch Pirtle
Date:
Ok,

The concept of a MySQL-based CMS sharing a booth with PostgreSQL was a
little too kinky for the guys to swallow. Of course the only reason I
joined the project was to implement ADOdb so it would support PG :-)

You guys might think of contacting the other booths in the .org
pavilion, and seeing if something could be worked out.

-- Mitch, knowing he tried, thinking about handing out PG8 CDs from a
trench coat
"Psst! Hey buddy! Take this, you'll love it, I promise!"

Date:
On January 19, 2005 11:40 pm, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> Ok,
>
> The concept of a MySQL-based CMS sharing a booth with PostgreSQL was a
> little too kinky for the guys to swallow. Of course the only reason I
> joined the project was to implement ADOdb so it would support PG :-)

ooh

> You guys might think of contacting the other booths in the .org
> pavilion, and seeing if something could be worked out.

Good idea, who can I contact for a list?

> -- Mitch, knowing he tried, thinking about handing out PG8 CDs from a
> trench coat
> "Psst! Hey buddy! Take this, you'll love it, I promise!"

Could make it into a form of street entertainment. Ever done any busking ? ;-)

--
Robert Bernier
 PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst,
  SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
  Consulting, PostgreSQL Services & PowerGres on Windows
  One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
  New York, NY 10119

  Tel:  212.244.8833

Re: PG at LinuxWorld Boston next month?

From
Mitch Pirtle
Date:
You can get all of the informaton at the expo website:

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

All I can say is that if I wasn't running a booth for Mambo (and
appear to be the only core developer that can make it), I'd happily
run a booth for PG. It would be a shame for you guys not to be in
attendance!

-- Mitch

Date:
On January 20, 2005 10:16 am, Mitch Pirtle wrote:
> You can get all of the informaton at the expo website:
>
> http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

am checking now

> All I can say is that if I wasn't running a booth for Mambo (and
> appear to be the only core developer that can make it), I'd happily
> run a booth for PG. It would be a shame for you guys not to be in
> attendance!

Look, I'm planning on attending so let me check out what the office (SRA
America) wants to do. Can I tell them that you would be willing to share the
booth with a pg contingent?

--

Date: