From
Michal Kozusznik
Tested with:
pgAdmin v1.16.0
posttgresql 8.4
Windows 7 64bit

How to reproduce
1. find a function in object tree
2. RMB on function, then select Properties
3. Select Code tab
4. Hit Apply button
5. put cursor somewhere into function body to enter any letter

PgAdmin will crash.

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 18:05 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
> Tested with:
> pgAdmin v1.16.0
> posttgresql 8.4
> Windows 7 64bit
>
> How to reproduce
> 1. find a function in object tree
> 2. RMB on function, then select Properties

RMB?

> 3. Select Code tab
> 4. Hit Apply button
> 5. put cursor somewhere into function body to enter any letter
>
> PgAdmin will crash.

Doesn't crash for me. By the way, how can you hit the apply button
without making any change? it should be disabled. Don't you do another
change before?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
Kozusznik Michal
RMB: right mouse button

to me Apply button is active just after opening function properties window. after applying its state is changed to
inactive.then any attempt to edit function body cause a crash. tested on various functions and various letters to be
pressed.

MK

Date:
On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 00:35 +0000, Kozusznik Michal wrote:
> RMB: right mouse button
>
> to me Apply button is active just after opening function properties window. after applying its state is changed to
inactive.then any attempt to edit function body cause a crash. tested on various functions and various letters to be
pressed.

Weird, it doesn't happen to me.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
Michal Kozusznik
Date:
So, looks like we have 2 different issues, because I can also confirm
that sometimes Apply and OK buttons are active and sometimes not.
Basically, always after starting pgAdmin, buttons works as expected -
are inactive after opening a function. But after some time, buttons
start to be available even just after opening properties window.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. But I can say it happens
daily. In any way, I will try.

with regards.

On 14.9.2012 23:07, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 00:35 +0000, Kozusznik Michal wrote:
>> RMB: right mouse button
>>
>> to me Apply button is active just after opening function properties window. after applying its state is changed to
inactive.then any attempt to edit function body cause a crash. tested on various functions and various letters to be
pressed.

> Weird, it doesn't happen to me.

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
"Vjacheslav A."
Date:
I have the same bug in editor,<br />I open function body (Apply and Ok button are always active),<br />if I click to
href="mailto:kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz"target="_blank">kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz</a>></span> wrote:<br
/><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> So, looks like
wehave 2 different issues, because I can also confirm that sometimes Apply and OK buttons are active and sometimes
not.<br/> Basically, always after starting pgAdmin, buttons works as expected - are inactive after opening a function.
Butafter some time, buttons start to be available even just after opening properties window.<br /> Unfortunately I
cannotreproduce the issue. But I can say it happens daily. In any way, I will try.<br /><br /> with regards.<div
style="margin:00 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 00:35 +0000, Kozusznik
Michalwrote:<br /><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
solid;padding-left:1ex">RMB: right mouse button<br /><br /> to me Apply button is active just after opening function
propertieswindow. after applying its state is changed to inactive. then any attempt to edit function body cause a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support"

Date:
On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 17:14 +0400, Vjacheslav A. wrote:
> I have the same bug in editor,
> I open function body (Apply and Ok button are always active),
> if I click to Apply and then do copy/paste operation - pgAdmin crashes.

Well, if anyone finds a way to reproduce this, I'm interested to know
how.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
Michal Kozusznik
Date:
Still cannot find the condition when edit function window opens with
Apply button active.
However I found next side-effect of this. When I try to change something
in the function, for example its name, if Apply button is active already
after window open,pgAdmin crashes.

To summarize: if Apply button is active just after opening edit function
window, pressing this button causes pgAdmin crash after.
(v1.16.0, W7 64bit)

Date:
On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 14:50 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
> Still cannot find the condition when edit function window opens with
> Apply button active.
> However I found next side-effect of this. When I try to change something
> in the function, for example its name, if Apply button is active already
> after window open,pgAdmin crashes.
>
> To summarize: if Apply button is active just after opening edit function
> window, pressing this button causes pgAdmin crash after.
> (v1.16.0, W7 64bit)

Well, we already knew this. But thanks for confirming.

What we need is the steps to have the Apply button enabled when opening
the dialog.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body

From
Jim Wilson
Date:
Guillaume Lelarge-3 wrote
> On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 14:50 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
>> Still cannot find the condition when edit function window opens with
>> Apply button active.
>> However I found next side-effect of this. When I try to change something
>> in the function, for example its name, if Apply button is active already
>> after window open,pgAdmin crashes.
>>
>> To summarize: if Apply button is active just after opening edit function
>> window, pressing this button causes pgAdmin crash after.
>> (v1.16.0, W7 64bit)
>>

> Well, we already knew this. But thanks for confirming.
>
> What we need is the steps to have the Apply button enabled when opening
> the dialog.

This is a tough one. I have noticed that when the function comes up with the
Apply button grayed out like it should, the SQL tab shows "-- nothing to
change" as expected. When not, the SQL tab is filled. It also seems to be
content related in that consistently certain functions come up with Apply
enabled and other functions consistently come up without it enabled. Other
than "that's not right" I don't see any problems coincident with this issue.

The bug that was originally reported in this thread is separate from this
bug and happens in all functions regardless. Any time you hit the "Apply"
button in 1.16.0 and then hit any key inside the properties dialog, pgAdmin
is crashing. I've also noticed, but have not identified thoroughly, that
1.16.0 is crashing immediately on changing the function name and hitting
"Apply" immediately.

FWIW I'm running OSX 10.6.8 with a 9.1 postgresql server and an 8.3 server
(same behavior regardless of which of those two pg versions is running).

Jim