Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jim Wilson
Subject Re: pgadmin crash - editing function body
Date
List pgadmin-support
Guillaume Lelarge-3 wrote
> On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 14:50 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
>> Still cannot find the condition when edit function window opens with
>> Apply button active.
>> However I found next side-effect of this. When I try to change something
>> in the function, for example its name, if Apply button is active already
>> after window open,pgAdmin crashes.
>>
>> To summarize: if Apply button is active just after opening edit function
>> window, pressing this button causes pgAdmin crash after.
>> (v1.16.0, W7 64bit)
>>

> Well, we already knew this. But thanks for confirming.
>
> What we need is the steps to have the Apply button enabled when opening
> the dialog.

This is a tough one. I have noticed that when the function comes up with the
Apply button grayed out like it should, the SQL tab shows "-- nothing to
change" as expected. When not, the SQL tab is filled. It also seems to be
content related in that consistently certain functions come up with Apply
enabled and other functions consistently come up without it enabled. Other
than "that's not right" I don't see any problems coincident with this issue.

The bug that was originally reported in this thread is separate from this
bug and happens in all functions regardless. Any time you hit the "Apply"
button in 1.16.0 and then hit any key inside the properties dialog, pgAdmin
is crashing. I've also noticed, but have not identified thoroughly, that
1.16.0 is crashing immediately on changing the function name and hitting
"Apply" immediately.

FWIW I'm running OSX 10.6.8 with a 9.1 postgresql server and an 8.3 server
(same behavior regardless of which of those two pg versions is running).

Jim