pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Hi Dave,

I like the new splash screen! We're hopefully becoming THE graphical
front end to pgsql, and should proudly show the elephant.
I created a new icon file for Windows and a new icon for the system menu.

Just in case somebody else needs it: I now have a vectorized version of
the pgElephant (CDR 7.0)

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
"Dave Page"

Thanks. The old one didn't really mean much, and besides, it didn't
match the website!

> We're hopefully becoming THE graphical
> front end to pgsql, and should proudly show the elephant.
> I created a new icon file for Windows and a new icon for the
> system menu.

Cool, looks good.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

While you're mentioning the website...
The visibility of pgadmin3 should become better until Beta announcement.
We're not even existent on gborg! Can you do something about that? When
will the CMS on www.pgadmin.org be available?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
"Dave Page"

The CMS we were going to use just wasn't going to be suitable (it was
the best of a bunch and we had to port that from MySQL!). Before you
suggest Bricolage, it's just *waaaayyyy* too complex for our
requirements.

I am (as we speak) tweaking the current in-house CMS used on the
existing site for a slightly different look and new content:
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/pgadmin3.php. comment welcome, though
I'm not exactly flush with time right now and Mark has real work to do
again :-(

I will create a Gborg project.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
On Tuesday 15 July 2003 12:48, Dave Page wrote:
> I am (as we speak) tweaking the current in-house CMS used on the
> existing site for a slightly different look and new content:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/pgadmin3.php. comment welcome, though
> I'm not exactly flush with time right now and Mark has real work to do
> again :-(

Dear Friends,

Agreed, a few pages are enough. Just two remarks, could you add links to the:
- snapshot.html and unix_compilation.html pages.
- translation pages.

If you don't mind, I would prefer PHP static pages, because we will be able to
migrate them to PHP gettext system. A complete multilingual web site will
give us more exposure.

If needed, I will be available on Thursday and Friday to work on a simple web
site design. Some developers/translators might also be interested in helping
out (I think of Troels who is a very good website designer). Troels, do have
any idea how we could work on the site?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
"Dave Page"

I have done any content yet. What's there is merely for testing.

> If you don't mind, I would prefer PHP static pages, because
> we will be able to
> migrate them to PHP gettext system. A complete multilingual
> web site will
> give us more exposure.

It runs from a database to allow easy content managment. GNU Gettext for
a website seems a little pointless as virtually the whole of each
document would need to be editted. I would favour adding a locale flag
to the database and allowing each content page to be stored in multiple
languages. The PHP code them simply loads the correct language.

> If needed, I will be available on Thursday and Friday to work
> on a simple web
> site design.

Feel free, but we won't be messing about with a new site whilst we are
trying to go through beta and then to release - the infrastructure needs
to remain stable.

Once that's all out of the way, I'm happy to look at redesigning the
site in depth.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgadmin/pgsql logo

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
> It runs from a database to allow easy content managment. GNU Gettext for
> a website seems a little pointless as virtually the whole of each
> document would need to be editted. I would favour adding a locale flag
> to the database and allowing each content page to be stored in multiple
> languages. The PHP code them simply loads the correct language.

Php gettext support is really nice and easy to implement. Wait.

> Feel free, but we won't be messing about with a new site whilst we are
> trying to go through beta and then to release - the infrastructure needs
> to remain stable.

Thanks. I plan to propose several designs to the team based on existing free
software websites. Then, we can discuss and vote for the best solution.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel