Re: PHP or JSP? That is the question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Al Cohen
Subject Re: PHP or JSP? That is the question.
Date
List pgsql-general
At the risk of being violently flamed...

You might consider ASP.NET/C#:
- It is a REAL programming language, like Java
- It's almost as easy-to-use as PHP
- The IDE and "development paradigm" are superb, superb, superb: they
basically borrowed Delphi's IDE (and stole Delphi's architect, Anders
Hjelsberg)
- Deployment is astonishingly simple.

I suspect that there is no faster and easier way to get applications
completed then by using ASP.NET.  The C#-only version of Visual Studio
is only $100, and it's not missing anything that's important to most
people - but you'll also need IIS (e.g., Win XP Pro).  There's also a
stripped-down freeware version, the MS Web Matrix.  IIS costs more than
freeware, but not a whole lot: and is very easy to use and live with.

if (thinking of flaming me)
{
    I also think that PostgreSQL is the best database around;
    I hated MS programming products from VB4 until .NET.  Standard ASP
was/is awful;
}

Good luck!

Al Cohen