Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, oneway_111@yahoo.com (ow) wrote:
> Have *never* seen ppl running Oracle or Sybase on Windows.

I haven't seen Sybase on Windows (only barely have seen it anywhere,
fitting with the comment made that it hides in the lucrative financial
industry); I _have_ seen Oracle deployed on Windows NT.  (I was once
involved with a deployment on Novell Netware, which is _really_ odd,
as platforms go :-).)

That we don't see these things a lot may mean that we are seeing
somewhat "ghettoized" areas of the computer industry.  I doubt Sybase
'does Windows' terribly much, but just because I don't see it doesn't
mean it doesn't exist.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('aa454','freenet.carleton.ca').
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html