regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject regression tests
Date
Re: [HACKERS] regression tests  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    I  know  that  it's  the  new  psql output format why all the
    regression tests currently fail. But I think we are  in  this
    state  for  a  little too long now. With the latest CVS I got
    this near the end of the suite after the plpgsql test:

NOTICE:  trying to delete a reldesc that does not exist.
NOTICE:  trying to delete a reldesc that does not exist.
Server process (pid 12207) exited with status 139 at Wed Nov 17 10:57:36 1999
Terminating any active server processes...
Server processes were terminated at Wed Nov 17 10:57:36 1999
Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
DEBUG:  Data Base System is starting up at Wed Nov 17 10:57:36 1999

    This indicates that someone made changes  that  really  broke
    something  and since he wasn't able to get any useful results
    from a regression run, he just didn't do it.

    I see a little problem with checking if the output  is  still
    O.K.  too.   It  seems  that  psql  now buffers all the query
    result messages until a SELECT is done. So if the  regression
    input  contains only INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE statements, all the

    It's really a mess. How should  someone  check  if  a  system
    catalog  change  is O.K. in this situation? I intend to do so
    soon!

Jan