Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Jan Wieck
> > One thing I notice is that mine and the server share a pin (reasonable
> > as we are in the same place) but the way it is presented is a little
> > confusing.  It will get more confusing as time goes on and we get more
> > than one person in the same city.  At least in this case it's obvious that
> > the server didn't work on stuff.  There should be a cleaner delineation
> > between people sharing the same location.
>
> Hmmmm,
>
>     does that mean the server is only close to you, not where you
>     are?
>
>     From the wording in the original page "...  and  location  of
>     hub.org"  I  assumed  that  it is the SAME location, not just
>     another one in Toronto.  Therefore I just colored the  pin  a
>     little  different. But if it's a separate location it must be
>     a separate pin with it's own popup.

I just assumed that there wasn't enough room to stick two pins in the same
city.  Well, we aren't in exactly the same place.  However, I connect
directly to the system that provides hub.org it's bandwidth so logically
we are next door neighbours.

However, it really is a different place but, as I said, we have to
deal with when we get big enough that one city might get crowded.
Why not just have the popup be a list of developers rather than one
and allow for more than one.

Then again, more pins looks better.  In any case, perhaps the server
should have its own pin.