Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] missing mugshots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>     I'll play around a little with CVS rules (don't know  exactly
>     how to set them up but I know that they exist). Will tell you
>     later if this is something worth to try.

    Whow, never thought it would be that easy!

    If we place a tiny little script

    #!/bin/sh
    cd /home/projects/pgsql/ftp/www
    cvs update </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    echo ""
    echo "Main WEBsite will be updated automatically."
    echo "The appropriate 'cvs update' is already waiting"
    echo "in background for your locks to be released."
    echo ""

    into  the  same directory it cd's to, we only need to add the
    line

    www -i /home/projects/pgsql/ftp/www/<script> www

    to the modules file in the CVSROOT and anyone  with  a  local
    checkout  must do a new checkout. Also we checkout the actual
    working directory of the real site again and  voila,  anytime
    someone does a commit a 'cvs update' is automatically started
    in the web sites root directory. It must run in background to
    avoid  a deadlock, so be it. The echo messages are visible to
    the one doing the commit, so it's just to  remind  that  he's
    doing something visible to the world.

    As  said,  anybody  should  WORK  in  his private checked out
    working directory at home. This would prevent side effects if
    multiple maintainers work on the real files.

    But  for very small changes, it would be O.K. to do it on the
    main site and commit  them  there,  because  the  cvs  update
    started in background would be a noop in fact.

Jan