Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes
Date
Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes  (Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8kdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/11/2017 07:03 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> I have added this as an open item because we will have to wait to see
>> where we are with driver support as the release gets closer.
>
> As Postgres ODBC now has a hard dependency with libpq, no actions is
> taken from there. At least this makes one driver worth mentioning.

FWIW, I wrote a patch for the Go driver at https://github.com/lib/pq, to
implement SCRAM. It's awaiting review.

I updated the List of Drivers in the Wiki. I added a few drivers that
were missing, like the ODBC driver, and the pgtclng driver, as well as a
Go and Rust driver that I'm aware of. I reformatted it, and added a
column to indicate whether each driver uses libpq or not.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

There is a similar list in our docs:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/external-interfaces.html

Should we update the list in the docs, adding every driver we know of?
Or curate the list somehow, adding only more popular drivers? Or perhaps
add a link to the Wiki page from the docs?

We can use this list in the Wiki to track which drivers implement SCRAM.

- Heikki