Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Barring any objections, I'll add these two issues to open item.

It seems to me that those open items have not been added yet to the
list. If I am following correctly, they could be defined as follows:
- Dropping subscription may stuck if done during tablesync.
-- Analyze deadlock issues with DROP SUBSCRIPTION and apply worker process.
-- Avoid orphaned tablesync worker if apply worker exits before
changing its status.

I am playing with the code to look at both of them... But feel free to
update this thread if I don't show up. There are no test cases, but
some well-placed pg_usleep calls should make both issues easily
reproducible. I have the gut feeling that other things are hidden
behind though.
--
Michael