Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Barring any objections, I'll add these two issues to open item.
>
> It seems to me that those open items have not been added yet to the
> list. If I am following correctly, they could be defined as follows:
> - Dropping subscription may stuck if done during tablesync.
> -- Analyze deadlock issues with DROP SUBSCRIPTION and apply worker process.
> -- Avoid orphaned tablesync worker if apply worker exits before
> changing its status.

Thanks, I think correct. Added it to open item.

> I am playing with the code to look at both of them... But feel free to
> update this thread if I don't show up. There are no test cases, but
> some well-placed pg_usleep calls should make both issues easily
> reproducible. I have the gut feeling that other things are hidden
> behind though.

I'm also working on this, so will update it if there is.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center