Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SCRAM in the PG 10 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> I updated the List of Drivers in the Wiki. I added a few drivers that
> were missing, like the ODBC driver, and the pgtclng driver, as well as a
> Go and Rust driver that I'm aware of. I reformatted it, and added a
> column to indicate whether each driver uses libpq or not.

> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

> There is a similar list in our docs:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/external-interfaces.html

> Should we update the list in the docs, adding every driver we know of?
> Or curate the list somehow, adding only more popular drivers? Or perhaps
> add a link to the Wiki page from the docs?

Certainly, if that list is out of date, we need to do something about it.

ISTM that the list probably doesn't change fast enough that tracking it
in our SGML docs is a huge problem.  I think it'd likely be good enough
to just add the missing drivers to the list in the docs.  (If you do,
please back-patch that.)

> We can use this list in the Wiki to track which drivers implement SCRAM.

+1.  That *is* something likely to change faster than we can update
the SGML docs.