Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module
Date
Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: Debugging Pl/PgSQL functions with the debug contrib module  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgsql-general
Richard,

I recall that in earlier versions of the PostgreSQL windows binary
distribution, I had finer grained control of what modules were
installed. The only optional module is now PL/Java, which I don't use,
and things like headers and libraries. I cannot specify installing
Pl/PgSQL, Pl/Perl etc, or this fabled debugging module for that
matter.

This isn't the first time I encountered weirdness with the installer.
I recall that when I went to build libpq about 8 months ago, the
installer said it installed headers and libraries, which it simply did
not.

Having gone through the 8.3.1 MSI installer meticulously, it is
abundantly clear that this module is unavailable. I uninstalled the
last version, 8.3.0, and installed 8.3.1 today. I recall that in the
8.3.0 installer, I could specify that I wanted the module, and I did,
but it didn't work, just as the 8.3.1 installer didn't work as
described in my original e-mail.That being the case, how should I
proceed?

Thanks,
Peter Geoghegan