Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts
Date
Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

   I want to explain why I'd go with the blue:

1) that's the designer's first choice (I trust him)
2) blue is PostgreSQL colour - as well as the Italian National team of
soccer - the Azzurri - just kidding guys!
3) white gets dirty immediately
4) black is too obvious
5) we cannot afford more than a colour t-shirt at the moment
(otherwise we need to produce another 500 shirts to get the same
price)

> Nobody will wear white t-shirts. Please consider, how many white
> t-shirts we still have. They are not good for getting donations. Black
> t-shirts of course are great, but must it  always be black? The elephant
> on the back side is to big, to wear this t-shirt at office, so why not
> another colored t-shirt?

If that's too big I am going to report it to the designer.

> Please consider, the t-shirt is made in Italy, and Italy is one of the
> metropolis of fashion. I think they'll look grad because no Italian
> fashion maker will make a bad design.

Well ... too much pressure now ... :)

> Also blue is the PostgreSQL color,
> why not blue t-shirts. I am sure you'll surprise how nice they look, if
> you see one in reality.

That's the same the designer told me.

I will collect all your thoughts and report them to him.

Thanks.

Ciao,
Gabriele