Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Susanne Ebrecht
Subject Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Kevin Hunter wrote:

>>> i don't like the blue color of the shirts, could it be black or white?
>>> A blue elephant on a blue shirt makes not much sense for me ...
>>>
>> FWIW Blue shirts really stand out at tech conferences. (I say, sitting here in
>> my blue pg anniversery summit t-shirt :-)
>>

> I'm no big-wig, but I like the color/design.  I'm planning to buy one
> when they're available.  Heck, black also would look good to me, I
> think.  And white.  Not saying I'd buy all three, but is there a need to
> go with only one color T-shirt?

Yes more than one:
The first reason of course is, that we couldn't pre-finance more and we
didn't have so much donations less.
The second reason is: we are not a merchandise seller, merchandising is
a nice gimmick but a PostgreSQL booth shouldn't look like a
merchandising booth (like the Debian booth always do). The first and
primary goal of a PostgreSQL booth is to present PostgreSQL.
The third reason is: not all in one year, because then we didn't know
what will we do next year. Every year another color is more effective.
The fourth reason is: we also have plush elephants and mugs and I didn't
know what else. Three or four different article, that is more than enough.

Kind regards,

Susanne