Re: read this and puke - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Curt Sampson
Subject Re: read this and puke
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14 Jun 2002, tony wrote:

> Maybe we could do a campaogn on "putting the P back into LAPP"? (Linux,
> Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL)

"LAMP" is just one of those stupid things that happens on the open
source world: one product becomes "the one" and everything else
gets ignored. Linux got it in operating systems, perl got it in
scripting languages, MySQL in databases, and so on. The biggest
problem with this is not that I care so much what others use, but,
as you pointed out, people tend to ask for just the one thing. As
a NetBSD developer, I've been dealing with this sort of problem
for years, and I don't really see any way of overcoming it....

cjs