Re: PL/Perl and Perl 5.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PL/Perl and Perl 5.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I'm guessing that what we need to do is -D_GNU_SOURCE somewhere in the
> Makefiles; the $64 question is exactly where (can we restrict it to
> src/pl/plperl?) and what conditions should cause the Makefiles to add
> it?  Do we want a configure test?

The simplest choice would be to just define it unconditionally in linux.h.
Since it is not supposed to change any interfaces, just add new ones, this
should be safe.  If you don't believe that, then we really need to test
and define _GNU_SOURCE early in configure so the following tests can take
it into account.  In either case, the command line is not the place for
it.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net