Re: Newsgroups/sites for SQL questions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Newsgroups/sites for SQL questions?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:

> After having gotten my DB up and running and doing what it should I am
> now getting to the point where I understand my data and have some
> somewhat complicated queries I would like to run against it.
>
> Unfortunately I'm having trouble with coming up with the SQL queries
> that retrieve the data I want.
>
> Can anyone recommend some newsgroups or sites where questions on
> constructing SQL queries are welcomed?
>
> Since these would be purely SQL questions and not really related to
> postgres I they don't really belong on the PG mailing list.

There are also some on the web on places like dev shed and phpbuilder.

PHPBuilder is a place where a lot of beginners go, especially MySQL
beginners using PHP.  devshed is a little more advanced, but there's still
some good novice areas too.

My other recommendation would be to pick up a good SQL / Database theory
book.  If you're getting a feel for SQL then try J Celcko's "SQL for
Smarties" and his other SQL books are pretty good too, and entertaining as
well.

And, if you just wanna read the archive of USENET past and such, you can
use groups.google.com, look for comp.databases.postgresql