Re: Corrupted sequences - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Corrupted sequences
Date
Re: Corrupted sequences  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Got 2 corrupted sequences, that I have discovered so far, and fixed them
> with 'setval'. Is there a way to check all sequences in a database?
> Something simmilar to reindex but for sequences?
>

> Running 7.2.4 (at my ISP so don't have a choice there..)

You need to demand that your service providers test their hardware.  When
things randomly get corrupted in Postgresql it is about 95% of the time or
more that you have either a bad disk or bad memory.  Postgresql is good,
but it can't overcome broken hardware.