Re: PostgreSQL Replication Server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Replication Server?
Date
WAS: PostgreSQL Replication Server? IS: Zend comparison chart  (zilch@home.se)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

> The database article at Zend mentioned a replication server for
> PostgreSQL., available at www.pgsql.com. The press release says the code
> itself has been put into the CVS tree, but I can't find any documentation
> on it anywhere.

You won't find any documentation, for it seems that none has been
written. I was bitten by this fact and had to use an ugly hack to make
replication work... without erserver (basically dump and restore at the
other side). It works as long as the database is small...

Now, erserver seems to work, but it needs a bit hacking around that I
hadn't done yet. Maybe when I get it working I'll see to writing
something. In the mean time, source code is the only thing that can help
you.

The code is in contrib/rserv.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[@]atentus.com>)