WAS: PostgreSQL Replication Server? IS: Zend comparison chart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From zilch@home.se
Subject WAS: PostgreSQL Replication Server? IS: Zend comparison chart
Date
List pgsql-general
> > The database article at Zend mentioned a replication server for
> > PostgreSQL., available at www.pgsql.com. The press release says the code
> > itself has been put into the CVS tree, but I can't find any documentation
> > on it anywhere.

The article at Zend also stated that PostgreSQL could handle 1000
transactions a second with 100 users. This is funny, since my postgresql
server (7.1.2) running on a PII 533 with SCSI and 256 mb RAM (HP Server)
can't even handle 1000 select statements per second. Not even close.

Daniel Akerud