Re: WAS: PostgreSQL Replication Server? IS: Zend comparison chart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: WAS: PostgreSQL Replication Server? IS: Zend comparison chart
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 zilch@home.se wrote:

> > > The database article at Zend mentioned a replication server for
> > > PostgreSQL., available at www.pgsql.com. The press release says the code
> > > itself has been put into the CVS tree, but I can't find any documentation
> > > on it anywhere.
>
> The article at Zend also stated that PostgreSQL could handle 1000
> transactions a second with 100 users. This is funny, since my postgresql
> server (7.1.2) running on a PII 533 with SCSI and 256 mb RAM (HP Server)
> can't even handle 1000 select statements per second. Not even close.

Small machine, sorry ... move to a Dual-PIII with a gig of RAM and
multiple drives striped ... bump the shared memory to use 512Meg of RAM so
that alot of caching is being done in memory ... then you have a serious
server :)

we did some testing where a client was seeing 4k+ TPS *shrug*