Re: Commercial binary support? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nigel J. Andrews
Subject Re: Commercial binary support?
Date
Re: Commercial binary support?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > > Why do you insist on "their own binaries"? I think there are several
> > > companies out there providing support for a given version of PostgreSQL
> > > and doubt they all ask for their own binaries. At least we do not.
> >
> > We don't either, nor do we worry about specific platforms ...
>
> And I know CommandPrompt doesn't care either.

I don't even know what it means. If I were to build the 7.4 source, install it
somewhere, tarball it up would that then count as providing our own supported
binaries (assuming the support service is also offered of course)? Surely it's
fairly common for someone to sell support and be happy to include the service
of supplying the binaries so if requested, what's so special about it?

Nigel Andrews