Re: Commercial binary support? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commercial binary support?
Date
Re: Commercial binary support?  (Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,
 I think what the person is looking for is:
 COMPANY PostgreSQL for Red Hat Enterprise 3.0.
 They probably have some commercial mandate that says that they have
to have a commercial company backing the product itself. This doesn't
work for most PostgreSQL companies because they back the "Open Source"
version of PostgreSQL.
 Where someone like Command Prompt, although we happily support the
Open Source version, we also sell Command Prompt PostgreSQL.
 It is purely a business thing, liability and the like.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org