Re: [GENERAL] Database synchronisation over the internet... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Branston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Database synchronisation over the internet...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Wim,

I am also working on the self same thing. I am using ssh to authenticate
and encrpyt the connection. The master database uses pg_dump, since the
data is not too large, to create a file which is securely copied via scp
to the slave host. An ssh connection then logs into the slave,drops the
table and loads the data from the dump file which has been copied over.

seems to work so far, but there must be more refinements I can add.

Paul